Attorney may not act if there is a conflict of interests, § 43a BRAO. Before we accept a mandate, there will be a conflict check.
The European Commission’s online platform for dispute resolution can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
RB Reiserer Biesinger Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH does not participate in dispute resolution proceedings before consumer arbitration boards
In case of disuputes between an attorney anf their client, the parties may also seek the arbitration of the regional bar association or the federal bar association, which can be found at www.brak.de or reached via email at schlichtungsstelle(a)brak.de
Our email address can be found in the imprint above.
UNIQUELAW. Advertising Agency, Heidelberg-Hamburg
Dipl.-Ing. Andrea Saidi
1. Name and contact details of the controller and the company data protection officer
Responsible: RB Reiserer Biesinger Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH, Sofienstraße 21, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany (subsequently “RB”), Email: datenschutz(a)rb-heidelberg.com, Phone: +49 (0) 6221 - 43416-0 Fax: +49 (0) 6221 - 43416-61
The external data protection officer for RB Reiserer Biesinger Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH is:
Ms Heike Conte
ITC-CONTE UG (limited liability)
Any affected person can contact our data protection officer at any time with any questions or suggestions regarding data protection.
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
When you access our website www.rb-heidelberg.com
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file
- Website from which access occurs (referrer URL),
- The browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The data mentioned are processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection to the website,
- Ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability as well as
- for further administrative purposes
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest ensues from the data collection purposes listed above. In no case do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions on your Person.
b) When registering for our newsletter
If you, pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR, have explicitly consented, we use your e-mail address to regularly send you our newsletter. To recieve the newsletter the indication of an e-mail address is sufficient. You can unsubscribe at any time. You can send your unsubscribe request at any time to Datenschutz(a)rb-heidelberg.com by e-mail.
c) If you mandate us, we collect the following data:
- salutation, first name, last name
- a valid e-mail address
- phone number (landline and/or mobile)
- information that are necessary for the assertion and defence of your rights under the mandate
These data are collected
- to be able to identify you as our client
- to be able to give you adequate legal advice and represent you legally
- to correspond with you
- for invoicing
- to process eventual liability claims and assert possible claims against you
The data processing is made upon request and is for the stated purposes pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR required for the adequate processing of the mandate and the mutual fulfilment of obligations under the mandate agreement.
The personal data collected for the mandating are stored until the expiry of the statutory storage obligation for lawyers (6 years after the end of the calendar year in which the mandate was ended) and deleted afterwards, unless we are pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR obligated to a longer storage on the basis of tax and commercial storage and documentation obligations (pursuant to the German Commercial Code, the German Criminal Code or the German Tax Code) or you agreed to a further storage in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR.
3. Passing on data
A transfer of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below does not take place.
We only transfer your personal data to third parties if:
- You have given explicit consent according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR,
- the transfer is pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
- in case the transfer is a legal obligation pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR, as well as
- the transfer is legally permitted and according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR required for the transaction of contractual relationships.
In addition, to improve usability, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a specified period of time. If you visit our site again to utilize our services, it will automatically recognize that you have already been there and what inputs and settings you have made, so you do not have to re-enter them.
The data processed by cookies are required for the purposes mentioned above in order to safeguard our legitimate interests as well as those of third parties according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that cookies cannot be stored on your computer or so that always a hint is given before a new cookie is created. However, disabling cookies completely may mean that you can not use all features of our website.
5. Rights of the affected
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed. In particular, you can request information about the purposes of the processing; the categories of personal data concerned; the recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed; the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored; the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing; the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source; the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Art. 22 para. 1 and 4 and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to obtain rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning, except where the processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; for reasons of public interest; or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR to obtain from the controller restriction of processing where the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject; the processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead; the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or the data subject has objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which he or she has provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller;
- pursuant to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR to withdraw his or her consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal; and
- according to Art. 77 GDPR to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In general you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or of the place of our office.
6. Right of objection
If your personal data are processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In case oft he latter, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying any particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an e-mail to Datenschutz(a)rb-heidelberg.com.
7. Data security
We use the popular SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method within the site visit, in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. In general, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is encrypted is shown by the closed representation of the key or lock icon in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.